Monday, June 2, 2014

Now I Know For Sure

I love riding at Washoe Lake State Park because it offers a great variety of things to do. Sand dunes, sage brush, dirt roads, grassy meadows, a public arena, and the beach -- its crowning glory. I had a fantastic ride there a few evenings ago, and want to share this heavenly moment, fortuitously captured on video by my wonderful trail buddy:



I've watched this a dozen times (well, probably more) because it makes me so happy. There is my future event horse, confidently splashing through the water. There is a horse maturing into everything I ever hoped he'd be.

I admit I lost faith in us, but persistence -- my stubborn refusal to give up combined with his unwavering willingness to give me a chance -- was enough to get us through. Now it's coming back, in glimpses and inklings and beautiful moments like this one. We're going to make it; now I know for sure.

(ps- I encourage you to view this video in HD; it's much better that way.)

No comments:

Post a Comment